Our second #geomob of 2019 will be at 18:30 (as always) on Tuesday the 19th of March, 2019.
Yet again long time #geomob supporter Muki Hakley of UCL’s ExCiteS research group has made it possible for us to use the excellent facilities of UCL. We will be back in the G22 Lecture Theatre in the Pearson Building.
Our format for the evening will be as it always has been: after a few very brief announcements we will have a mix of speakers, each presenting for ten to fifteen minutes and then facing two or three questions. At the end we will vote by show of hands for the best speaker. The winner will receive a SplashMap and unending glory (see the full list of all past winners).
Our speakers on the evening of the 19th will be:
- Paul Stewart will tell us about “Mapping Burnmouth, Scotland”
- Carla Coll will present mapping startup Gotaki Maps
- Steven Feldman returns with a presentation entitled “So, you want me to invest in your geo start-up”
- Nick Nicholaou will present Instant Street View
- Karolina Alexiou poses the question “Is London a Forest? How to Use GIS and Open Data to Find Out.”
All that, and geobeers! A geo good time is guaranteed.
If you can’t make it in March, our next event after that will be in mid-June. We are still confirming the exact date/venue. Please get in touch if you would like to volunteer to speak.
I look forward to seeing you all at UCL on the 19th of March,