it’s hard to believe, but we’re almost to the end of 2016. Many thanks to all of you for another great #geomob year.
Turning our attention to 2017 our first event will take place at 18:30 on Wednesday the 25th of January. I’m pleased to announce we’ll be at a new venue. Traveltech Lab has generously agreed to host us! They’re at 6th Floor,
2 More London Riverside, London SE1 2RR. I am told the view over the river and towards Tower Bridge is amazing. The nearest tube is London Bridge. Please sign up on the Lanyrd page (if possible, sadly it seems the service has become unreliable) so we have a sense of the numbers.
Many thanks to Traveltech Lab for volunteering their space. As a travel incubator we’ll hopefully be hearing from their start-ups at #geomobs in the future.
Despite the new venue, we will follow the same tried and true format from the past. Five speakers have volunteered to share their projects with us. After a very brief introduction each speaker will have 10-15 minutes to discuss their project, then take a few questions. At the end of the evening we’ll vote for the SplashMaps best speaker and then retire to a nearby pub for discussion.
Our speakers for the evening are:
- Ed Leon Klinger, co-founder of Flock
- Mike Thompson, creator of AdmissionsDay
- John Fagan will talk to us about mobile location context.
- Sam Hill, co-founder of Run an Empire
- Sean McGee will show off his “What are you looking at” App
I hope you agree it looks like a great line-up.
Allow me to close by once again thanking the various groups that make #geomob possible:
- Our sponsors: OpenCage, KnowWhere Consulting, What3Words, and SplashMaps who fund the post-talk beers. Please let us know if you’d like to sponsor.
- The venues that have generously hosted us: UCL, Geovation Hub, and the BCS.
- Everyone who volunteered to speak over the last year
- And last, but not least, you, our dear attendees.
For those of you anxious to plan the year ahead, please put Wednesday the 29th of March in the calendar, when #geomob will be back at Geovation Hub. We have a few excellent speakers already confirmed, but are also on the hunt for another volunteer or two.
Happy holidays to one and all and see you on the 25th at Traveltech Lab
- One final note for those still in need of a geo gift, check out our sponsor SplashMaps’ offers.